mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] Signature validation

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] Signature validation

  • From: Chris Card <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] Signature validation
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:53:05 +0000

Hi Scott,

>I've tried changing the last line to chain->appendTxfm(of), which looks like it should work, but I just get an empty file called Output created.
I've found the problem now - Output was empty, because there was nothing to output, so the DigestValue was calculated on an empty document, and not surprisingly didn't match.

The reason for this was because of how I created the Response document. In one scope I did

        DOMDocument* document = XMLToolingConfig::getConfig().getParser().parse(xml_stream);

        const XMLObjectBuilder* builder = XMLObjectBuilder::getBuilder(document->getDocumentElement());

        std::auto_ptr<XMLObject> xo(builder->buildFromDocument(document));

        response_ = dynamic_cast<Response*>(xo.get())->cloneResponse();

while in another scope I tried to verify the signature taken from the assertion in response_.  I assumed that since I'd called cloneResponse() it wouldn't matter that xo was destroyed at the end of the above scope, but in fact that caused the problem calculating the digest. If I extend xo's lifetime the digest calculation is fine.

Chris