mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] Signature validation

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] Signature validation

  • From: Chris Card <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] Signature validation
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:18:47 +0000

Hi Scott,

I've managed to build 1.5.1 of xml-security-c so I can debug into it, and I've found that verify() is failing because the DigestValue being calculated is different from the DigestValue in the document. The signature itself is validating ok.

So now I'm trying to debug why the DigestValue is wrong.

> Ok. If you build from source, the troubleshooting page mentions the "old"
> hack for getting a file with the digest data out.
The hack is
#if 1
TXFMOutputFile * of = new TXFMOutputFile(d);

of->setFile("Output");
chain->(of);
#endif
but this doesn't compile. I've tried changing the last line to chain->appendTxfm(of), which looks like it should work, but I just get an empty file called Output created.

Chris