mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 1 to 2 transition

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 1 to 2 transition

  • From: Paul Hethmon <>
  • To: OpenSAML List <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 1 to 2 transition
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 14:48:20 -0400

On 7/8/09 12:45 PM, "Scott Cantor"

>> Unfortunately I AM wedded to Java :), but the mentioned project might
>> be interesting, did you mean the one at
>> http://code.crt.realtors.org/projects/websso?
>
> Yes, and the Danish implementation is another possibility. Whatever is known
> is listed on the wiki.

I put together the one on the realtors.org website. I would characterize it
as a toolkit, more than an SP. If you need to do something special with your
application, then it would be a good choice. The Danish is more like
Shibboleth SP, implemented as a filter and meant to sit in front of the web
application.

Both are built on top of OpenSAML and both have liberal licenses for use.
Even if you don't use either, they are good sources of sample code.

Paul

-----
Paul Hethmon
Chief Software Architect
Clareity Security, LLC
865.824.1350 - office
865.250.3517 - mobile
www.clareitysecurity.com
-----

God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his
own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the
other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker
in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer
who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time.

-- Terry Pratchett, Good Omens