mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 1 to 2 transition

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 1 to 2 transition

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 1 to 2 transition
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 09:15:43 -0700 (PDT)

Is there a reason you think you can't write a login handler for Shib?
The process to do that is far simpler than the process of handling SAML
2 authentication.

... Primarily because my knowledge of Spring currently tends towards zero.

So does mine, but I can still write a login handler. Chad tends to overstate
the Spring knowledge requirement.

Hence my assumption is/was that the direct way might be easier at
the moment, considering my previous OpenSAML 1 experience. Also the
prototype will work on a small scale not requiring all the features
Shibboleth comes with.

There are plenty of examples of various extensions to shib.
They make the writing of one quite easy -- certainly a lot easier
than writing a new Shib.

Jim