mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 1 to 2 transition

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 1 to 2 transition

  • From: "Alexander Müller" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 1 to 2 transition
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 10:26:14 +0200

>>> On 07.07.2009 at 18:12, in message
>>> <05c901c9ff1d$b64eecd0$22ecc670$@>,
"Scott Cantor"

> Then you might consider one of the smaller/example implementations built on
> top of the new library.

Would you have a link to them? I tried looking in the OpenSAML and Shibboleth
packages but couldnt find any examples - or did you mean the "Projects Using
OpenSAML" at https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/OpenSAML/Home?

> FWIW, essentially nothing if your original experience will apply, there's no
> similarity at all between the two

Yes, I noticed it is a complete rewrite, but did even the types/possibilites
of access change/vanish (like passing a SAML request "easily" from/to a
HttpServletRequest)? I would (have) assume(d) they would remain - even if the
calls/classes would change.

> other than the lack of documentation and
> examples.

:)

Thanks,
Alexander