mace-opensaml-users - RE: More Google Fun

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: More Google Fun

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: More Google Fun
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 20:38:57 -0400

> Ok. So now Google is telling me to drop the milliseconds part of
> timestamps used in the SAML Response. I don't see an easy way to
> accomplish that short of mucking with each individual class. Obviously the
> spec allows milliseconds to be presented, but I also know I can change my
> code a heck of a lot faster than Google ever will.
>
> Any thoughts?

I remember having to patch my Java code to handle the values with or without
the milliseconds a long time ago. It gets rather tiring being expected to
patch our code when nobody else seems to bother.

That said, I would suggest that the Java code centralize the date/time
formatter to a place it can be modified in one spot anyway, perhaps at
configuration time.