mace-opensaml-users - RE: opensaml-C 1.1b

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: opensaml-C 1.1b

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: opensaml-C 1.1b
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:21:01 -0400

> I see that opensaml depends on several 3rd party dependencies that are
> older versions of currently supported libraries.
>
> My question is is it possible to build (and run of course) the library
> with
>
> xml-security 1.3.1
> xalan 1.10
> xerces 2.7.0

Yes, it works. There are some broken version checks in places that may not
have been fixed in what's posted, but should be fixed in svn.

Using an unmodified Xerces uses ridiculous stupid amounts of memory, though,
you have to modify the DOM heap size in the source code until 3.0 is done or
make sure never to cache objects, only raw XML.

To my knowledge, Xerces 2.7 works functionally though. Xerces 2.6 does
*not*, however. That's why configure specifically checks for it.

Xalan isn't used by any of the OpenSAML code, old or new and I build
xml-security without it. It should work fine if you need a build that
includes it though.