mace-opensaml-users - RE: Starting Point for SAML in Java

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: Starting Point for SAML in Java

  • From: "Richard Gundersen" <>
  • To: , , ,
  • Subject: RE: Starting Point for SAML in Java
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:13:41 +0100

Yeah, some docs would be nice, but then I guess SAML is still relatively new. I'm sure if you pay for one of the commercial versions you'd get a nice tutorial with it ;-)

I found it useful to read this technical overview (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/6837/sstc-saml-tech-overview-1.1-cd.pdf), which although is a bit of a slog, explains the concepts and how they fit in together. Then when you understand how the various elements are related, start with some of the examples/tests that come with OpenSAML to see how it works in Java. Although this way is not an easy way for newbies to learn, it is a nicely organised API, and of course the Javadoc is impeccable ;-)