isn-discuss - Re: [isn-discuss] Re: Interesting uses for isn

Subject: Discussion List for Freenum/ITAD Subscriber Number (ISN) Project

Re: [isn-discuss] Re: Interesting uses for isn

  • From: John Todd <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [isn-discuss] Re: Interesting uses for isn
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:00:06 -0800

At 10:39 PM +0000 2007/11/29, Anand Kumria wrote:
Hi all,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

John R Covert wrote:
Well, of course it was intended for inter- not just intra-company
communications, including international.

Likewise.

In fact I've been working towards having our SIM cards recognise ISNs and then route them appropriately.

I have a batch turning up next week that, bar any testing problems, should be able to dial ISNs from a GSM handset.

We expect to have something ready for external testing end of January 2008. Something commercial around March 2008.

If anyone is interested, drop me a line.

Cheers,
Anand

--
Anand Kumria
AwayPhone

Anand -
I'm _very_ interested in this, as I'm sure many others are as well. We've had Freenum/ISN dialing working for TalkPlus (my day job) which is (sort of) a mobile solution, but having a system where a SIM card/network directly dials or receives calls via Freenum/ISN would a big boost for us. A few questions:

1) Is this a "native" dial without a prefix?
2) In what markets would it be available?
3) Would you be giving shorter "aliases" to customers, or just have them use their full E.164 number as their subscriber number?
4) Is there a discount or addition to the price of these calls?
5) Can we do a write-up on your system when it's active?

(Hint to you folks at TruPhone who might be listening: native Freenum/ISN dialing and access would be really useful to your customers, since you've got an ITAD already. ;-)

JT