grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] vt-ldap pooling

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] vt-ldap pooling

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] vt-ldap pooling
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:58:34 -0500

> We have 360,000 groups and almost 3,000,000 memberships and it takes
> approximately 10 hours to bulk sync. One thing I noticed this morning is
> that I haven't made any changes to ehcache.xml. How important is that for
> good performance?

I think cache tuning is important.

Setting maxElementsInMemory to be greater than or equal to the number
of subjects should help reduce the number of subject source (ldap)
queries.

I would have to remember better, but setting logging to debug will
print out cache hit/miss statistics when running the psp from the
command line.

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Provisioning#GrouperProvisioning-ConfigureSubjectAPICache