grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] vt-ldap pooling

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] vt-ldap pooling

  • From: Tim Darby <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] vt-ldap pooling
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:35:05 -0700

Thanks, I tried upping maxElementsInMemory to greater than the number of subjects and it did reduce the number of LDAP queries, but overall it still took about 10 hours to provision.  It's not pushing our LDAP server very hard, so maybe increasing the LDAP pool size would help?

Tim Darby
The University of Arizona
Mosaic, Systems Integration and Architecture

UITS, Rm 335, 520-626-3799

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Tom Zeller <> wrote:
> We have 360,000 groups and almost 3,000,000 memberships and it takes
> approximately 10 hours to bulk sync.  One thing I noticed this morning is
> that I haven't made any changes to ehcache.xml.  How important is that for
> good performance?

I think cache tuning is important.

Setting maxElementsInMemory to be greater than or equal to the number
of subjects should help reduce the number of subject source (ldap)
queries.

I would have to remember better, but setting logging to debug will
print out cache hit/miss statistics when running the psp from the
command line.

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/Grouper/Grouper+Provisioning#GrouperProvisioning-ConfigureSubjectAPICache