grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] SCIM support for Grouper?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] SCIM support for Grouper?

  • From: Bas Zoetekouw <>
  • To: Emily Eisbruch <>
  • Cc: Tom Barton <>, Niels van Dijk <>, "" <>, Geert van der Ploeg <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] SCIM support for Grouper?
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 10:32:12 +0100

Hi Emily,

I think the first week of April will be fine for all SURFnet-perople
involved (even though april 1st is a national holiday).
A doodle poll would be great!

Best regards,
Bas.

On 19-03-2013 19:53 , Emily Eisbruch wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
> Tom asked me to help set up a call for interested parties to discuss
> Grouper and SCIM.
> Please me know if the first week of April works for you. If yes, I'll
> set up a Doodle poll.
>
> Thank you
> Emily
>

> On 3/19/13 9:30 AM, "Tom Barton"
> <>
> wrote:
>
>> Niels,
>>
>> Sounds good. Can we shoot for sometime the week of April 1 to have a
>> discussion? I'll ask for
>> help in setting that up.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> On 3/19/2013 6:35 AM, Niels van Dijk wrote:
>>> Hello Tom,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your suggestion, it all sound very workable. We would like to
>>> have the overall service available by the end of Q3. However, adding
>>> SCIM to Grouper is only part of that equation, so its probably going to
>>> be several months earlier that we would like to pick this up.
>>>
>>> We have until now been very happy grouper users where we could mostly
>>> consider Grouper as a well working black box. We have used the APIs and
>>> hardly ever had to deal with 'inner workings' of Grouper.
>>>
>>> For us the biggest issue is therefor that we do not have a very clear
>>> picture of the amount work involved to add such an API to Grouper. Also
>>> the best route the take is not clear. We have a rough idea of the work
>>> needed to do a Java based SCIM interface as we partially implemented
>>> that already for the pilots we did earlier. Another post to my question
>>> by David Langenberg indicated that they are currently investigating
>>> exacly this, so perhaps we could set up a session between David, e.g.
>>> your and/or Chris and some of our team to get a better understanding of
>>> what we would need to do?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Niels

Bas Zoetekouw
SURFnet Advanced Services
Tel: +31 30 2305362 Fax: +31 30 2305329
SURFnet - POBox 19035 - NL-3501 DA Utrecht - The Netherlands