grouper-users - [grouper-users] SCIM support for Grouper?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

[grouper-users] SCIM support for Grouper?

  • From: Niels van Dijk <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-users] SCIM support for Grouper?
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:36:40 +0100

Hi,

I was wondering if Grouper roadmap has SCIM on it.

We have a use case where we are using SCIM to provision group info to a
cloud provisioning broker who then provisions various other clouds
services via none-standard APIs. Until now this was mostly test cases
(SCIM functionality outside of Grouper), now we would like to look at
doing this for 'real'.
As our groups already live in Grouper, and Grouper already has
capabilities e.g. to determine the difference between group memberships
between date A and date B, this seems like a good fit, I think.

I note that last years I2 Spring Meeting had some discussions [1] and in
2011 a MACE-Dir discussion [2] addressed a lot of issues that by now
have been solved I think. Neither however have a clear direction for
SCIM in regards to Grouper.

If it is on the roadmap, are there any timeliness? If not, what ways
would there be to accelerate this? We have coding capabilities, but
coding an entire new API out of the blue is probably not a good idea ;)

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Niels

[1]