grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] SCIM support for Grouper?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] SCIM support for Grouper?

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Niels van Dijk <>
  • Cc: , Bas Zoetekouw <>, Geert van der Ploeg <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] SCIM support for Grouper?
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 08:30:45 -0500

Niels,

Sounds good. Can we shoot for sometime the week of April 1 to have a discussion? I'll ask for help in setting that up.

Tom

On 3/19/2013 6:35 AM, Niels van Dijk wrote:
Hello Tom,

Thanks for your suggestion, it all sound very workable. We would like to
have the overall service available by the end of Q3. However, adding
SCIM to Grouper is only part of that equation, so its probably going to
be several months earlier that we would like to pick this up.

We have until now been very happy grouper users where we could mostly
consider Grouper as a well working black box. We have used the APIs and
hardly ever had to deal with 'inner workings' of Grouper.

For us the biggest issue is therefor that we do not have a very clear
picture of the amount work involved to add such an API to Grouper. Also
the best route the take is not clear. We have a rough idea of the work
needed to do a Java based SCIM interface as we partially implemented
that already for the pilots we did earlier. Another post to my question
by David Langenberg indicated that they are currently investigating
exacly this, so perhaps we could set up a session between David, e.g.
your and/or Chris and some of our team to get a better understanding of
what we would need to do?

Regards,
Niels