grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] problem with PSP sync from the changelog

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] problem with PSP sync from the changelog

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Gasperowicz Jérémy <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] problem with PSP sync from the changelog
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 12:08:45 -0600

>>> "uid=jeremy.gasperowicz,ou=people,dc=univ-artois,dc=fr" and supannPerson
>>> attribute is substitute for person.
>>> Have you any idea to solve my problem ?
>>
>> Probably supannPerson should be in more, or possibly less,
>> configuration elements than it currently is, if you modified psp.xml
>> and/or psp-resolver.xml.
>
> Ok, I've tried several things but errors in many case. So, I've commented
> the line
> <attribute
> name="hasMember"
> ref="hasMember" />
> in order to sync with : bin/gsh.sh -psp -sync
> jeremy:applis:actualites:groupeActualitesCreateurAuto and it works, i can
> add a member or more
>
> But incremental sync doesn't work with CHANGE_LOG_consumer_psp. In the LDAP
> logs, i can see the search of the new members in ou=People, but dosn't
> modify the group.
> Do you know which attribute definition resolver or whatever i have to match.
> There's too many infos in the debug file to find where is the problem

After setting the log level to debug for edu.internet2.middleware.psp,
I would look at the attributes logged as part of the change log entry.

I would look at the identifiers of the provisioned objects in psp.xml,
determine the relevant attribute definitions in psp-resolver.xml, and
then verify that the change log entry is indeed returning the correct
identifiers.

After identifiers, I would look at the provisioned service object
reference attribute definitions, to sort out memberships.

You can also log spml and ldap/ldif (look in psp-services.xml) which
can be helpful with log reading.