grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] ldappcng performance questions

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] ldappcng performance questions

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] ldappcng performance questions
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 13:17:24 -0500

> > Do I need to do something special/extra to get ldappc-ng to
> > log?
>
> In your Grouper's log4j.properties :
>
> log4j.logger.edu.internet2.middleware.ldappc = INFO
>
> and to see what vt-ldap is doing :
>
> log4j.logger.edu.vt.middleware.ldap = INFO
>
> Of course, DEBUG may be more interesting. I thought this was included
> in the example configuration files, if not, I should add it.

Aha!

With the logging it is easy to see that a single
synchronization cycle takes just slightly more than 60
seconds. It appears that you measure the interval from the
start of one cycle to the start of the next, rather than from
the end of one cycle to the start of the next.

Since I using '-interval 60' the next cycle is just starting
immediately, but I mistook that for a spinning sleep.

With '-interval 180' the CPU usage is exactly what I would
expect.

Having the cycle measured start-to-start is what I want,
but not what I expected.

Sorry for the trouble,

Scott