grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] Grouper 1.5 planning

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] Grouper 1.5 planning

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Grouper 1.5 planning
  • Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 10:21:53 -0500

Hi Martin,

Good to hear from you again. I'm more than a little curious about the new project you're working on. Is there a link to further background info? Even in Dutch? :-)

The initial form of grouper's new attribute framework will indeed debut in v1.5, which we expect to release in the first half of November. Multivalued attributes are part of that. We don't plan to bundle any particular use of them in 1.5, so they'd merely be infrastructure available for you to use. Might that fit your needs?

Tom

Martin van Es wrote:
Hi,

Let me introduce myself before I rush into my first questions in this group.

My name is Martin van Es, and am working the SURFnet Netherlands to create a generic Grouper based groupmanager for the (Nation wide) Education platform SURFnet provides.
I've been working on this for SURFnet before (creating a Proof of Concept) so I've become quite familiar with Grouper in that project.

The first question that popped up in this brand new project is: could we exchange the use of stems with (group) labels or tags? My first hunch was that we would need a multi-valued attribute for this and some googling revealed that I'm not the only one looking for this feature in Grouper. It's even on the roadmap for 1.5. Hence I'd like to know what the planning is for 1.5 and apart from that if there's any other mechanism I'm overlooking that could replace stems for labels/tags?

Regards,
Martin van Es