grouper-users - Grouper 1.5 planning

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Grouper 1.5 planning

  • From: Martin van Es <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Grouper 1.5 planning
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 14:22:24 +0200

Hi,

Let me introduce myself before I rush into my first questions in this group.

My name is Martin van Es, and am working the SURFnet Netherlands to create a
generic Grouper based groupmanager for the (Nation wide) Education platform
SURFnet provides.
I've been working on this for SURFnet before (creating a Proof of Concept) so
I've become quite familiar with Grouper in that project.

The first question that popped up in this brand new project is: could we
exchange the use of stems with (group) labels or tags? My first hunch was
that
we would need a multi-valued attribute for this and some googling revealed
that I'm not the only one looking for this feature in Grouper. It's even on
the roadmap for 1.5. Hence I'd like to know what the planning is for 1.5 and
apart from that if there's any other mechanism I'm overlooking that could
replace stems for labels/tags?

Regards,
Martin van Es
--
IGI Group
Identity management | Security | Webbased diensten