grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] xml-import errors

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] xml-import errors

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: graham <>,
  • Cc: "Pytel,G" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] xml-import errors
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 16:30:52 +0100

Subject.getAttributes().keySet() is throwing the Exception. You could work around this for now by specifying the names of the attributes to display - omitting the password field:

subject.attributes.order.<SOURCE_ID>=comma separated (and case sensitive) list of attribute names.

Gary

--On 16 May 2008 16:20 +0100 graham

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing wrote:
Graham,

Logging has now been added to the UI. By default it should log errors to
the grouper_error.log configured in grouper/conf/log4j.properties,
however, I would recommend using a UI specific log4j.properties

Thanks Gary. Now I've corrected that, I am getting an exception in
grouper_ui.log:

2008-05-16 15:59:47,371 ERROR actions.GrouperCapableAction: <
GrouperSystem 734383E5939F1B7BCF60C0E06AADA99E-0012
6f6e5deb-2186-40db-828f-38cbdfc42e3a GrouperSystem g:isa >
java.lang.ClassCastException: [B
at
edu.internet2.middleware.subject.provider.JNDISourceAdapter.loadAttribute
s(Unknown Source)
at
edu.internet2.middleware.subject.provider.JNDISubject.getAttributes(Unkno
wn Source)
at
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ui.actions.PopulateSubjectSummaryAction.
grouperExecute(PopulateSubjectSummaryAction.java:362)

I suspect the problem with the cast may be that the page may be trying to
display the user's password, which the ldap directory says is in 'non
string format'. Which is odd, since ldapsearch simply skips this field.

Graham

following these steps:

1) copy grouper-ui/log4j.template.properties to
grouper-ui/log4j.properties 2) edit build.properties and set :
use.local.log4j=true
local.log4j.output-dir=<your directory>

Consider having errors sent by email - set the error.* properties. See
build.properties.template for comments.

Gary

--On 16 May 2008 14:23 +0100 graham

Tom Barton wrote:

There's example config for the JNDISourceAdapter at
<https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/i2miCommon/subject-0.3.
1- doc>.

Thanks, that was helpful. I now have a successful connection and can
search for and list users.

However, I can't display an individual user. Although my LDAP directory
reports that the details have been returned correctly, I'm getting this
error message from populateSubjectSummary.do:

Error: The error has been logged and the administrator notified.

I couldn't find any such notification or log record (this isn't showing
up as an exception in any of the logs), but then I found this wiki page:

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/UI+Errror+Handl
in g+and+Logging

Is that still correct (ie. in saying that UI errors are not logged), and
if so, has anyone got any debug suggestions for someone unfamiliar with
Struts?

Thanks
Graham

Tom