grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] xml-import errors

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] xml-import errors

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: graham <>
  • Cc: "" <>, "Pytel,G" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] xml-import errors
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 11:02:03 -0400

The bottom of the sources.xml has an example ldap config, you can uncomment
it... To load test subjects into your ldap, this script is a good starting
point, you should be able to modify it to get it to work.

http://viewvc.internet2.edu/viewvc.py/ldappc/conf/ldappcSubject.ldif?root=I2MI&view=markup

Here are some guidelines:

1. Someone else jump in with more info, Im not a big ldap person :)
2. Midway through (it starts with "dn: uid=fipo,ou=uob,dc=example,dc=edu"),
are the subjects that don't require the kitneduperson ldap object class.
Might want to copy that part, search and replace to put in your own hierarchy
(or not), and load it in. Not sure if it includes all subjects in
subjects.sql, but a spot check found a good portion
3. If you need more info about ldappc, the readme in this zip (which links to
javadoc there) goes into it and includes that object class definition

http://middleware.internet2.edu/dir/groups/grouper/ldappc/1.1.0/ldappc-1.1.0-rc2.tgz

4. Then of course you need to uncomment the ldap part at the bottom of the
sources.xml and set it up in your ldap server...

Good luck,
Chris