grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] xml-import errors

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] xml-import errors

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: graham <>
  • Cc: , "Pytel,G" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] xml-import errors
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 17:43:46 +0100

The Subject API has its own CVS project. We are using v0.3

<http://viewvc.internet2.edu/viewvc.py/subject/src/edu/internet2/middleware/subject/provider/JNDISourceAdapter.java?root=I2MI&view=log>.

Gary

--On 20 May 2008 17:09 +0100 graham

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing wrote:
Hi Graham,

I think the password problem occurs because of the way loadAttributes
works in JNDISourceAdapter:

OK, I'll try that. The tarballs available (I'm using 1.3.0rc2) only have
a class file for JNDISourceAdapter, and I haven't found the source in the
web cvs
(http://viewvc.internet2.edu/viewvc.py/grouper/src/grouper/edu/internet2/
middleware/grouper/)

- can you point me to it?

<snip>

The null error is due to the fact that 'getAttributeValues()' returns
null rather than an empty Set. I've attached a new version of
SubjectAsMap.java which checks for null before trying to iterate values.
If you replace the one in
grouper-ui\java\src\edu\internet2\middleware\grouper\ui\util and rebuild
that may fix the problem - please let me know if it does and I'll check
the change in to CVS.

Yes, that works fine. Thanks!

Graham

Thanks,

Gary

--On 20 May 2008 12:08 +0100 graham

Hi Gary

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing wrote:
Subject.getAttributes().keySet() is throwing the Exception. You could
work around this for now by specifying the names of the attributes to
display - omitting the password field:

subject.attributes.order.<SOURCE_ID>=comma separated (and case
sensitive) list of attribute names.

That doesn't entirely fix the problem. If the password attribute exists,
then I still get an exception, though there is now less information in
the grouper_ui.log file:

2008-05-20 11:46:45,062 ERROR ui.TileRecorderTag: < GrouperSystem
8E618CF06B61BD0BF4BC3156DD341416-0009
fca67a50-efc5-4f8d-b726-ff9f9ac8e9c4 GrouperSystem g:isa >
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: ServletException in
'/WEB-INF/jsp/subjectInfo.jsp': [B

Also, if any fields are optional and not always filled in in the LDAP
subject, then listing the field name in subject.attributes.order gives a
similar error message for any subject missing that data:

2008-05-20 10:19:47,995 ERROR ui.TileRecorderTag: < GrouperSystem
5586332A325E1452C3EE69C87FE2CF1C-0013
7302c712-85fe-4fdc-af19-123b4f9ecfa6 GrouperSystem g:isa >
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: ServletException in
'/WEB-INF/jsp/subjectInfo.jsp': null

(ie. 'null' instead of '[B' )

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Graham

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing

--
Sponsor me from London to Brighton on
http://www.justgiving.com/grahamseaman

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing