grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] xml-import errors

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] xml-import errors

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: graham <>, "" <>
  • Cc: "Pytel,G" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] xml-import errors
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 15:55:58 -0400

> database is empty. I don't currently understand the format of the
> grouper registry data (is there a wiki page I missed?) so am attempting

Oh yeah, regarding this, we want to address this in the next minor release in
the fall (1.4) with some views and data dictionary comments on tables and
columns. You can look at foreign keys in the DB (1.3+) to see which tables
refer to what. Here are two views I use in oracle that might show you
something (can run the sql in any db), but otherwise, you might want to get a
batch of questions about the database and send it along. Or just try not to
deal with it and just use the UI or GSH (once you are up and running :) ).

SET DEFINE OFF;
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW GROUPER_GROUPS_V
(EXTENSION, DISPLAYEXTENSION, DISPLAYNAME, NAME, UUID)
AS
select
(select ga.value from grouper_attributes ga
where ga.group_id = gg.uuid and ga.field_name = 'extension') as extension,
(select ga.value from grouper_attributes ga
where ga.group_id = gg.uuid and ga.field_name = 'displayExtension') as
displayExtension,
(select ga.value from grouper_attributes ga
where ga.group_id = gg.uuid and ga.field_name = 'displayName') as displayName,
(select ga.value from grouper_attributes ga
where ga.group_id = gg.uuid and ga.field_name = 'name') as name,
gg.uuid
from grouper_groups gg
/

SET DEFINE OFF;
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW GROUPER_MEMBERSHIPS_V
(GROUP_NAME, STEM_NAME, SUBJECT_ID, SUBJECT_SOURCE, LIST_TYPE,
LIST_NAME, MSHIP_TYPE, COMPOSITE_PARENT_GROUP_NAME, DEPTH, MEMBERSHIP_UUID)
AS
select
(select ga.value from grouper_attributes ga
where ga.group_id = gms.owner_id and ga.field_name = 'name') as group_name,
(select gs.NAME from grouper_stems gs
where gs.UUID = gms.owner_id) as stem_name,
gm.SUBJECT_ID, gm.subject_source,
gms.LIST_TYPE,
gms.LIST_NAME,
gms.MSHIP_TYPE,
(select ga.value from grouper_attributes ga, grouper_composites gc
where gc.uuid = gms.VIA_ID and ga.group_id = gc.OWNER and ga.field_name =
'name') as composite_parent_group_name,
depth, gms.membership_uuid
from grouper_memberships gms, grouper_members gm
where gms.MEMBER_ID = gm.MEMBER_UUID
/