grouper-users - RE: [grouper-users] xml-import errors

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

RE: [grouper-users] xml-import errors

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: graham <>, "" <>
  • Cc: "Pytel,G" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-users] xml-import errors
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 13:55:17 -0400

> 1. (minor, I guess): one of the junit tests fails. The error message
> is:
>
> at
> edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.Test_I_API_RegistrySubject_delete.test
> _delete_failToDeleteNoLongerExistingRegistrySubject(Unknown

That one works for me, what DB are you using, and did you customize your
sources.xml? (that needs to resemble the default for tests to work)

> 2. (minor) If the login succeeds because the user is in
> tomcat-users.xml, but the same user is not in the database, the
> resulting error page is not rendered as html (I guess the wrong header
> information is sent)

I added a jira for that:

> 3. (very minor) gsh.sh is being distributed in MSDOS format (I assume
> it
> isn't actually any use on a DOS-based system...)

I think we might be repackaging the bat files, if so we should correct this
(and remember for next time). You are talking about line endings I presume.
Maybe these get changed on commit/checkout to/from CVS... hmmm

> 4. (currently a blocker for me) I can login as user GrouperSystem (I
> haven't set up a wheel group yet). But this gives me nothing, since my
> database is empty. I don't currently understand the format of the
> Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

If you can run a sql script in your db, run the subjects.sql (same dir as
quickstart.xml) and you should be all set (again as long as sources.xml has
the db still as a source). I see the subjects.xml there too, not sure if
xmlimport can run that or not... I use mysql and load that sql with sqlyog,
or in oracle with toad... then the quickstart.xml imports fine.

Regards,