Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
- From: "blair christensen." <>
- To: "caleb racey" <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-users] bug in 1.2 rc3 with mysql 5
- Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:13:25 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=ERBiExttaDJW2XQymsceezW94MUqiXsLHzBW5oFQiI1HZkCLdpNhzyUBqaoFUgQh+KaTguDmyN2+elBFjozZj1tuvLIdn7QAei0r3NO/Xkt6fNhKs2wsxFHJVQVdivWohsFwhuGOanq0FcVo6KMNDLFljjeqgs+JrxnYmzsNG40=
On 6/19/07, caleb racey
We recompiled the hibernate 2.1.8 jar and added the MySQL5 dialect to
it(it's not there by default). We did this by taking the
MySQL5Dialect.java out of the hibernate3 source changing the package
info at the top so it matches the hibernate2 package (net.sf.... instead
of org.hibernate....) and rebuilding with ant. We then put this
hibernate jar in the grouper lib directory, delete the old jar, ant
clean and delete the build directory
Did you also copy over the "MySQLDialect.java" file from Hib3 as well?
I'm not sure if that would be sufficient a but a quick diff of that
file from Hib2 and HIb3 shows quite a few differences.
There might be other changes required to get a Hib3 dialect working with Hib2.
After looking at the dialect source, a quick solution would be to a)
either modify the generated SQL to create the table properly or b)
modify the "HibernateAttributeDAO.hbm.xml" file to limit the "value"
to a length of 255. It should properly create a varchar for lengths
of 255 or less. Unless you require extremely large group attribute
values this probably isn't a problem.
- bug in 1.2 rc3 with mysql 5, caleb racey, 06/15/2007
- Re: [grouper-users] bug in 1.2 rc3 with mysql 5, Tom Barton, 06/15/2007
- Re: [grouper-users] bug in 1.2 rc3 with mysql 5, blair christensen., 06/18/2007
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.