Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List
Support for Grouper 1.1.0 database schema in the 1.2.0 API?
- From: "blair christensen." <>
- To: Grouper-Users <>
- Subject: Support for Grouper 1.1.0 database schema in the 1.2.0 API?
- Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:59:03 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:x-google-sender-auth; b=etx9dahPltgdnp4NaKmWhK1xfxiqWeLx7bDh3wtvctqRU8ErItR1F5HSIlVnb+mv9F41q2BrBigd/GRHRUJbfUqSmVI0CUzR/bkVkHMNvdf24iXEdfFk5O7yvdfqzJjltxSKSIAY9VF0kD1qIlxYV9A7KbJPE2H2dfA5Qjp0jto=
As the Grouper 1.2.0 development cycle has wound down we have
discussed including support for using a pre-existing Grouper 1.1.0
database with the new 1.2.0 API. This would only be useful for sites
with an existing 1.1.0 installation that cannot migrate to the new
database schema at this time but want to use the new API. A migration
would still be required at some point in the future.
While I've completed some work on this, progress has been very slow
and there are a few areas where I'm not sure how to perform the
translation at this time. In addition, assuming this is completed it
would not be released until (well) after 1.2.0 was released.
Are there any sites that absolutely need this functionality? If not
I'd like to abandon this idea and resume working on some other
projects that I've had to abandon (Rails support, etc).
- Support for Grouper 1.1.0 database schema in the 1.2.0 API?, blair christensen., 06/19/2007
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.