grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] group membership rules ?

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] group membership rules ?

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • Cc: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>, Tom Zeller <>, Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] group membership rules ?
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 23:39:41 -0400

Sorry to be a newbie, but just trying to understand the language and concepts here...

The problem, as I mentioned in another message, is that the subject API
provides only loose coupling with your IdMS data.
I assume idms is identity management system. lets give an example. at penn we have a penn_id, which is an 8 digit number assigned to each person.
So if we had a query that returned penn_id's for users who should be in a group, you are saying the problem is that there is a loose
coupling between the penn_id and the subject api id? So grouper would need to somehow lookup the subject api id? And if the query
just returned a list of subject api id's that would be nice for grouper but might be inconvenient for users?

Thanks!