grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] more weird behavior....

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] more weird behavior....

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] more weird behavior....
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:33:56 -0600

wrote:
2) and searchSubjectByIdentifier now uses uid.....

<searchType>searchSubjectByIdentifier</searchType>
<param>
<param-name>filter</param-name>
<param-value>
(&amp; (uid=%TERM%) (objectclass=inetOrgPerson))

You probably want to also match on brownBRUID. Think "kitchen sink for all uniquely identifying attributes".

3) and I changed my input file:

2) I'm now seeing this in my error log:

2007-02-28 08:29:33,278: searchType: searchSubject filter: (& (brownBRUID=stc) (objectclass=inetOrgPerson)) base: dc=brown,dc=edu scope: SUBTREE_SCOPE
2007-02-28 08:29:33,278: searchType: searchSubject filter: (& (brownBRUID=stc) (objectclass=inetOrgPerson)) base: dc=brown,dc=edu scope: SUBTREE_SCOPE

however, the strng stc doesn't appear anywhere in my input file......

Did you previously import a membership with id="stc", prior to changing your sources.xml as detailed above? If so, then there's a row in a grouper table (grouper_members, I think) that relates their internal membershipId with their external subjectId, source, and type. So, if the subject (Brown, person, stc) is in there, the fact that something was recorded in the error log *might* only reflect debug level logging on the subject api logging targets.

3) I'm still getting this error in my browser when I attempt to list the membership of one of my groups...

java.lang.RuntimeException: Source not found. at edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ui.util.MembershipAsMap.(MembershipAsMap.java:71)

If you're still just poking at the quickstart, I suggest starting with a fresh database (in the quickstart tarball's grouper-qs/grouper/dist/run/grouper.script file) and import your xml with your new sources.xml declarations. If that solves the problem, it's likely that at some point along the way your managed to import a subject with a source id that no longer appears in your sources.xml file.

Tom