grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] First thoughts on an LDAP provisioner for Grouper

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] First thoughts on an LDAP provisioner for Grouper

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To: Keith Hazelton <>
  • Cc: , Metadirectory Group <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] First thoughts on an LDAP provisioner for Grouper
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:07:13 -0600

Has SPML been considered as a possible base connector format for provisioning targets? Two components of our current provisioning project at the UofM might dovetail nicely here:

1) An SPML -> ldap translator
2) A persistent queueing mechanism for pending SPML updates that handles multiple provisioning targets

-Walter

P.S. We also have some basic diff'ing code that looks at attribute values for two objects and outputs SPML modifications. It's buried in our system now, but could probably be extracted and used as a starting point.