grouper-users - Re: [grouper-users] UI, Pagination and the Subject interface

Subject: Grouper Users - Open Discussion List

Re: [grouper-users] UI, Pagination and the Subject interface

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] UI, Pagination and the Subject interface
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:15:13 -0500

Here are some more naive questions as I try to come up to speed on Grouper.

The data source which you are pulling group information from can be
configured correct? Meaning University A could store their groups in an LDAP
while University B could store their groups in an relational database. If
that's the case a pagination API would need to be abstracted from any
particular data source.

Assuming people are subjects, are groups subjects too, or are groups some
other data object which contain subjects?

Just a few quick comments on the technical items Mark touched on.

* Hibernate does have API's for pagination (I'm sure Blair and probably Mark
saw them) which work pretty well. You usually end up have to write a wrapper
around them, but they do provide the base functionality.

* In regards to value list handling tag libs, I would suggest not use
Displaytag (which has a really bad interface for pagination) or Datagrid
(which is overly complicated for such a simple task). I've had not
experience with the Valuelist tags though that you also referenced.

Chad La Joie 315V St. Mary's Hall
Project Sentinel 202.687.0124