grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] beta testing real-time provisioning ?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] beta testing real-time provisioning ?

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Gagné Sébastien <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] beta testing real-time provisioning ?
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:05:04 -0600

> Will you be provisioning the memberOf attribute ?
> Yes (We are using the attribute, but I'm not sure if it's going to be
> automatic since we use AD and I'm not sure how Grouper provisions
> memberships)

Active Directory automatically manages the memberOf attribute.

If a member is added to an AD group :

dn: cn=grouper,ou=groups,...
member: cn=member,ou=people,...

Then the memberOf attribute of the member is automatically populated by AD :

dn: cn=member,ou=people,...
memberOf: cn=group,ou=groups,...

Does that help ?