grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] beta testing real-time provisioning ?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] beta testing real-time provisioning ?

  • From: James Vuccolo <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] beta testing real-time provisioning ?
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 20:00:10 -0500

On Jan 9, 2012, at 7:21 PM, Tom Zeller wrote:

> Penn State,
>
> Do you know if your ldap server (IBM Tivoli Directory Server)
> automatically manages memberOf (like Active Directory or OpenLDAP with
> the memberof overlay) ?

Not it does not. IBM's server does a "calculated" member of which is
non-standard. Its is called ibm-allMembers. We try to stay away from it,
because its non-standard.

JimmyV.

--
James "Jimmy" Vuccolo,

Technical Manager, Identity and Access Management
The Pennsylvania State University
215B Computer Building, University Park, PA 16802
Office: 814-865-5635
http://www.personal.psu.edu/jvuccolo/