grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper design call, Wednesday, 20 August 2008, 1200EDT (1600Z)

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper design call, Wednesday, 20 August 2008, 1200EDT (1600Z)

  • From: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Grouper design call, Wednesday, 20 August 2008, 1200EDT (1600Z)
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:57:39 -0500

Simplest suggestion to satisfy the issue:

Have two optional attributes for memberships:

1) a prefix that would be prepended to whatever was being populated into the isMemberOf attribute. If not specified, then nothing is prepended.

2) a regex that would specify the scoping for ldappc. Anything that doesn't match the regex is ignored. If not specified, then nothing is ignored.

This way, we don't alter the existing behavior for any installation that doesn't add these attributes.

This would be fairly easy to implement and would satisfy almost all of the use cases, except for questionable use cases.

-K