wg-pic - Re: [wg-pic] RTC Dashboards

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

Re: [wg-pic] RTC Dashboards

  • From: Peter Saint-Andre <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Re: [wg-pic] RTC Dashboards
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:48:05 -0700
  • Jabber-id:

Candace Holman wrote:
> This article is a pretty good one describing the need for unified,
> real-time communications in the real world, and focuses on dashboards.
> We haven't talked much about dashboards per se, but maybe we should if
> they are going to be the buzzword for presence. I smell a killer app.

By contrast, I smell a rat.

When it comes to traditional media / communications, do people want
phone, TV, radio, newspaper, clock, fax, copier, and letter-writer in
one device? Not as far as the market has spoken.

Do real people really want email, IM, voice, video, whiteboarding, file
sharing, and all the rest in one device / application? I don't see it.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
Jabber Software Foundation