wg-pic - [WG-PIC:394] today's call agenda

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

[WG-PIC:394] today's call agenda

  • From: Jeremy George <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Jeremy George <>
  • Subject: [WG-PIC:394] today's call agenda
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:58:03 -0500 (EST)

I have two agenda items for today's call. If anyone wants to add more,
please send me a note, or just speak up on the call.

1) Alan Whinery, U. Hawaii, has agreed to join us as a liaison
for the JointTechs project. Perhaps we can walk through some of the
deployment issues and give Alan a handle on what we need.

2) As I mentioned before I promised Henning that we'd do our homework
in advance of the Columbia meeting and arrive with a schematic showing
our current understanding of RP/ALS interactions. Something like the
stick figure below but as filled in as we can get it and a lot more
sophisticated. Let's see if we can agree on the process for constructing
such a document. Comments, ideas, criticism are all welcome.

--------------
| Persistent |
| Storage |
--------------
/---------- | --------------------------\
/----------- | -------------\ \
--------/--- ---------------- --\--------- -\----------
| Presence | | Proxy | | Presence | | Location |
| Agent |----| Redirect | | User | | Server |
------------ | Registration | | Agent | ------------
| | Server | ------------ |
| ---------------- \ | beacon