wg-pic - [WG-PIC:395] Re: today's call agenda

Subject: Presence and IntComm WG

[WG-PIC:395] Re: today's call agenda

  • From: Jiri Kuthan <>
  • To: ,
  • Cc: Jeremy George <>
  • Subject: [WG-PIC:395] Re: today's call agenda
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:16:18 +0100

What is "profile" between PUA and Presentity?

I suppose that what you identify is Presentity is a publishing PUA,
i.e., the element which changes presence state. (presentity refers
merely to the presence identifier rather than to an element).
I guess my terminology is not 100% aligned with today's presence
terminology either.

it is worth mentioning that the publishing element does not need
SIP. (there is no standard in the IETF anyhow) It may publish
the presence document through some local interface to the presence
server.

-jiri

In general, I think that presentities may publish

--
Jiri Kuthan http://iptel.org/~jiri/