wg-multicast - Re: Serious network problems this AM - multicast related?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Serious network problems this AM - multicast related?

  • From: Michael H Lambert <>
  • To: wg-multicast <>
  • Cc: Jeff Bartig <>
  • Subject: Re: Serious network problems this AM - multicast related?
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 10:36:50 -0500
On 4 Jan 2013, at 10:24, Jeff Bartig wrote:

> I'm curious what type of maintenance on the NLR Atlanta node could
> have caused a full table leak. Do the NLR routers carry a full table?
> Is one of their peers in Atlanta accidentally sending a full table
> that is normally filtered and the maintenance broke the filtering?

Very good questions. Perhaps some more details will trickle out.

In the meantime, wearing NTAC vice-chair hat (David can overrule if he's
reading mail yet this morning), I'd like to ask someone (Bill, you started
the thread) to post a summary to the peering/routing WG list so that we can
continue discussions there. I haven't seen anything to suggest this problem
was multicast related--the proper audience is more likely to be on
ntacpeering. If you're not on that list, and would like to be, Jeff (cc'ed)
can get you added.

Thanks,

Michael