wg-multicast - RE: Ipv6 is broken without multicast

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: Ipv6 is broken without multicast

  • From: "Garry Peirce" <>
  • To: "'Multicast Working Group'" <>
  • Subject: RE: Ipv6 is broken without multicast
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:27:39 -0400

I’m still patiently awaiting v6 mcast through our gigapop.

Perhaps tomorrows event (royal wedding) might support the cause in expanding interdomain/commercial mcast support.

A live event with a likely sizeable audience.

I’d like to see a world mcast day as well – v6 being preferred, but to include v4 if v6 is not a viable option.