wg-multicast - Re: The state of interdomain multicast - ?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: The state of interdomain multicast - ?

  • From: Hitoshi Asaeda <>
  • To:
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: The state of interdomain multicast - ?
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 15:34:33 +0900 (JST)

>> unfortunately, many sites just dont 'get' multicast (well,
>> logically and physically) . there are a few tools out there
>> for checking/testing but i seem to recall that all of the
>> eg beacon software monitors have fallen out of support.
>
> The dbeacon software may no longer be supported (updated) but it
> is still useful and is still being used (even for IPv6).
>
> http://noctv.funet.fi/

Mtrace2 specification is described in the following I-D;
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mboned-mtrace-v2-08

This draft passed WGLC and now in AD review. I hope it will be
published in the RFC soon.

But in fact, we definitively need a stop-gap solution until the
mtrace2 is fully available on every router.
According to this vision, my colleagues have been developing "Mtrace2
Looking Glass".
He made a presentation in the last APAN meeting. Please visit the
following page;
http://www.jp.apan.net/meetings/1102-HK/
(Click "mtrace2 Looking Glass" then you can browse the slide.)

This is very helpful for trouble shooting for multicast connectivity.
While we are still working for its development for the release, I do
hope many academic networks or ISPs install this package when we
release it.
If you are interested in the installation or cooperation with us,
please tell me. I'm happy to support.

Regards,
--
Hitoshi Asaeda