wg-multicast - Re: The state of interdomain multicast - ?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: The state of interdomain multicast - ?

  • From: Hitoshi Asaeda <>
  • To:
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: The state of interdomain multicast - ?
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 15:10:01 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

There are many interesting discussions here and I'd like to comment
later. But I hasten to add one point quickly.

> Also agree that SAP/SDP is less than ideal and prone to contain empty
> entries which degrade its effectiveness, but it's the only current method to
> advertise a program guide globally.

Yes, the SAP problem is well known and has been discussed many times.

> I'm trying a gDoc calendar as well as another method, which requires more
> user awareness.

We have promoted our channel announcement system called Channel
Reflector (CR). Of course, it's free to use, and you can install it in
your site if you want.
Please visit the following site and you can register your contents
after you get your account.

http://www.channel-reflector.net/

If you want to announce site-local content inside your network, you
may want to install the CR package in your site and register the
site-local content with "local" label in your CR. Then content
information labeled with "local" will be appeared only on your site
CR. If you register global content information without "local" label
in your CR, the global content information is announced (i.e.
automatically synchronized) among other CRs and any user who accesses
to any CR can see the global content information.

Regards,
--
Hitoshi Asaeda