wg-multicast - Re: multicast test for Eclipse

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: multicast test for Eclipse

  • From: Chris Spears <>
  • To: Stig Venaas <>
  • Cc: Katsuhiro Horiba <>, Cort Buffington <>, wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Re: multicast test for Eclipse
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:17:30 -0400

Stig Venaas wrote:
I think there was just some confusion with the typo below. IMO GLOP
addresses are the best choice for Internet multicast like this. Mainly
since there should be no conflict.

Stig

Yes, at least until 64-bit asn's become more widespread in R&E. As of this morning, I count two in Internet2, though both are in inet.0 and inet6.0. However, a cursory glance at the DFZ showed about 70 unique as-paths with AS_TRANS.

This discussion is for another thread - since eGLOP space was changed over to AD-HOC space earlier this year, what is a new/emerging multicast-enabled network to do?

Chris

--

Chris Spears, OARnet