wg-multicast - Re: DVTS bridging

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: DVTS bridging

  • From: Hitoshi Asaeda <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: DVTS bridging
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:14:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Marc,

> > Just clarification.
> > Do you think a translater that translates multicast stream to unicast
> > streams is useful for you? If yes, we may be able to help you.
> > One of my students has been developing a multicast-unicast DVTS
> > translator and already finished its alpha implementation working on
> > top of Linux box (but with very limited functions :).
>
> hello Hitoshi
>
> isnĀ“t this an application to achieve this goal ?
>
> <http://www.cdt.luth.se/~peppar/progs/mTunnel/>

Well, the main aim of our work is not just for tunnel nor translation.
I cannot talk everything before the development completion, but I can
explain my student's implementation includes a multicast-unicast
translation function.
After his development, we may be able to provide other interesting
stuff, not only translation. (So, that's why I said the current alpha
implementation is with "limited functions").

Regards,
--
Hitoshi Asaeda