wg-multicast - Re: DVTS bridging

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: DVTS bridging

  • From: Marc Manthey <>
  • To: wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Re: DVTS bridging
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 19:01:45 +0100

actually, the reverse. the DVTS implementation in Access Grid does
not seem to like
bridging, but works fine in multicast. i want to connect RIT campus
to our Kosovo
and Croatian campuses with AG, but all the bridges in place seem to
vary and DVTS
doesn't like them.

Just clarification.
Do you think a translater that translates multicast stream to unicast
streams is useful for you? If yes, we may be able to help you.
One of my students has been developing a multicast-unicast DVTS
translator and already finished its alpha implementation working on
top of Linux box (but with very limited functions :).

hello Hitoshi

isnĀ“t this an application to achieve this goal ?

<http://www.cdt.luth.se/~peppar/progs/mTunnel/>

regards

Marc

--
Les Enfants Terribles
Mobil:0049-1577-3329231

Opinions expressed may not even be mine by the time you read them, and certainly don't reflect those of any other entity (legal or otherwise).

Please note that according to the German law on data retention, information on every electronic information exchange with me is retained for a period of six months.