wg-multicast - Re: DVTS bridging

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: DVTS bridging

  • From: Peter John Hill <>
  • To: "Mike McBride (mmcbride)" <>
  • Cc: "Gurcharan S. Khanna" <>, "wg-multicast" <>
  • Subject: Re: DVTS bridging
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:34:29 -0700

I likely would not suggest it, but you could make a gre tunnel between the two campuses and run pim across it....

scary

On Mar 24, 2009, at 11:57 AM, Mike McBride (mmcbride) wrote:

Yes, that's what I'm saying, with a backbone running mvpn. Or simply
native multicast transit across the multicast enabled Internet.
Otherwise you'll need a manual tunnel from campus to campus.

mike