wg-multicast - Re: DVTS bridging

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: DVTS bridging

  • From: "Gurcharan S. Khanna" <>
  • To: "Mike McBride (mmcbride)" <>
  • Cc: wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Re: DVTS bridging
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 14:31:07 -0400

mike,

thanks for the link. unfortunately, even the FAQ is a bit over my head, so i
am not sure how to interpret it. are you saying, that if i have a multicast enabled
campus here and, say a multicast enabled campus in Kosovo, that, given
that Cisco equipment is involved, that this software deployment would allow
multicast packets to travel from one campus to the other? at least in general
principle?

if so, i will try to get our guys to look into it in more details but i just want to
make sure this is the function envisioned and that this would be a preferred
alternative to setting up an independent multicast bridge for specific apps.

-gurcharan

Mike McBride (mmcbride) wrote:
PS oh, and, what is multicast vpn from cisco? is that something that would act as a bridge for any app? -gsk

Dynamic PE-PE tunneling.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6651/products_ios_protocol_option_
home.html

mike
--
-------------------------
Gurcharan S. Khanna, Ph.D.

Assistant Research Professor, Ph.D. Program Golisano College of Computing and Information Sciences http://people.rit.edu/gskpop

Founding Director, Interactive Collaboration Environments Laboratory Center for Advancing the Study of Cyberinfrastructure http://icelab.rit.edu
---
Rochester Institute of Technology
IT Collaboratory Bldg. 17, Room 3119
Rochester, New York 14623-5603
Phone: 585-475-7504 ~ Cell: 585-451-8370
Email:

--