wg-multicast - Re: VLC + Vista Multicast Issues

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: VLC + Vista Multicast Issues

  • From: "Ying Zhang" <>
  • To: "Stig Venaas" <>
  • Cc: "Bob Riddle" <>, "Marshall Eubanks" <>, "Nicholas J Humfrey" <>, "wg-multicast" <>, <>
  • Subject: Re: VLC + Vista Multicast Issues
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:13:17 -0300

Thanks for the reply.

In our case, the host is directly connected to the router. Host receives IGMP V2 queries from router, and router sees IGMP V3 membership reports from host. The host is running Fedora 7 and VLC 0.8.6c. I then changed the router to run IGMP v3 on that interface. I then saw queries and reports in V3, but still didn't get the SAP streams.

Also I am curious, if VLC sends out IGMP v3 reports, should it then ask user to put in a source address? I didn't see where to do it on VLC. Did I miss anything?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Ying
----- Original Message ----- From: "Stig Venaas" <>