wg-multicast - Re: IPV6 Multicast

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: IPV6 Multicast

  • From: Tim Stevenson <>
  • To: Alan Crosswell <>
  • Cc: Richard Mavrogeanes <>,
  • Subject: Re: IPV6 Multicast
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 17:22:59 -0700

Fair point. Not to go off on a sales pitch, but some of the Cisco stackable switches (eg 3750) support MLD snooping as well.

Tim

At 11:14 AM 5/20/2006, Alan Crosswell exclaimed:
It's not about the routers. It's about the campus closet switches. I
don't know anybody who can afford the cost or power requirements of
putting a 6500 in a dorm network closet.