wg-multicast - Re: IPV6 Multicast

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: IPV6 Multicast

  • From: Alan Crosswell <>
  • To: Richard Mavrogeanes <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: IPV6 Multicast
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 12:54:11 -0400

Abiline and most of the gigapops support it. There are some issues with
some international networks not yet support embedded RP. Campuses are
pretty far behind. NYU is one of the few that has done v6 multicast
with NYSERNet. In the first ever v6 multicast hands on workshop in
Albuquerque a few months ago, we viewed content that was being multicast
from Syracuse.

Put it in a product and I'll have an excuse to replace my Vbrick 1200's:-)

/a