wg-multicast - Re: wanna come out and playy IPv6 multicast with me?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: wanna come out and playy IPv6 multicast with me?

  • From: Hitoshi Asaeda <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: wanna come out and playy IPv6 multicast with me?
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:01:56 +0900 (JST)

> DVTS for video but how about control and slides? Is the control protocol
> documented?

It is based on "RTP Payload Format for DV (IEC 61834) Video [RFC3189]"
and "RTP Payload Format for 12-bit DAT Audio and 20- and 24-bit Linear
Sampled Audio [RFC3190]".

But remember the current version (dvts1.0e) and current xdvshow (DV
viewer on X) do not support SSM, and thus you need to apply the
following patches to make them SSM-capable;
http://www.sfc.wide.ad.jp/~asaeda/dvts/

Our patches also add new audio encording, which is useful to play
sounds with rat (and with xdvshow).
--
Hitoshi Asaeda