wg-multicast - Re: wanna come out and playy IPv6 multicast with me?

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: wanna come out and playy IPv6 multicast with me?

  • From: Bill Owens <>
  • To: Tom Pusateri <>
  • Cc: Bob Riddle <>, ,
  • Subject: Re: wanna come out and playy IPv6 multicast with me?
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 14:10:11 -0400

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 10:55:55AM -0700, Tom Pusateri wrote:
> Is this standards based?
>
> Sure would be nice to have an app that played nicely with other vendors.
> I won't ever be running XP but I have a Mac and a FreeBSD box on an IPv6
> multicast capable net and I like to come out and play.

DVTS is not as well supported on OS X as on Windows, but it will work to send
and can be made to work to receive (it just needs an external Firewire-video
converter to work well). However, VLC supports OS X very well indeed, and it
handles any of IPv4/IPv6, unicast/multicast. The primary limitation for OS X
at this point is the lack of MLDv2 (or IGMPv3), preventing us from playing
the SSM sandbox.

If you'd like to try some test streams, let me know. What's your path to the
m6bone?

Bill.