wg-multicast - RE: IP/Television

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: IP/Television

  • From: "Richard Mavrogeanes" <>
  • To: "Alan Crosswell" <>, "Roy Hockett" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: IP/Television
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:10:28 -0400

I have not attended, but would hope a comprehensive program would
include:

1) List of specific vendor Ethernet Switch model numbers known to work
well
2) List of specific vendor Ethernet Switch model numbers not work well
3) Sample configuration for representative switch
4) Flood detection methods for network elements that are behaving badly
5) Illustration for a single router / multi-workgroup-switch network
6) Illustration for a multi router / multi-workgroup-switch network
7) Local multicast address assignments vs. Global assignments (igmp v2)
8) CGMP vs IGMP
9) The case for fast leaves
10) How to test your local network for multicast (e.g. free
streampump/streamplayer)
11) Firewall configuration, esp. UDP, and desktop firewalls (WinXP, 3rd
party s/w tools)
12) Multicast and WiFi

Rich